SHEDSAFE is an accreditation scheme managed by the Australian Steel Institute, designed to assist shed buyers in making an informed purchase decision.
SHEDSAFE accreditation is your guarantee as a shed buyer that:
- The Shed Manufacturer has undergone a Review by an independent 3rd party.
- This means that, samples of the designs and engineering (plans and structural calculations) used by the Shed Manufacturer have been subjected to a design check and documentation review process undertaken by an independent 3rd party structural engineer and these have met the ShedSafe accreditation criteria.
- The Shed Manufacturer has Assured their Compliance.
- This means that, the Shed Manufacturer has signed and submitted documentation confirming that all of their shed designs are in accordance with the Australian Steel Institute Design Guide Portal Frame Sheds and Garages (2009).
- The Shed Reseller will recommend a Shed Design suitable for your site location and use.
- This means that, the Shed Reseller has undertaken training and will recommend a shed with a design suitable for your specific site and building use.
- The Shed Reseller will consider Wind Loads.
- This means that the Shed Reseller has undertaken training to determine the correct application of Wind Loads for your site, based on the information supplied.
SHEDSAFE accreditation cannot be purchased it has to be earned.
If your Shed supplier isn’t SHEDSAFE accredited you should ask yourself, why not?
For more details on Safe Shed Design please visit the Australian Steel Institute on: http://shedsafe.com.au