You may want to use the following check list, courtesy of Oz-Cover Pty Ltd.
- Will your supplier also arrange lodgement of your building application on your behalf, at no extra cost, to save you the time and hassle involved dealing with Council’s red tape?
- Does your supplier use the same thickness of .42 BMT/.47 TCT cladding on the roof and the walls for added strength. TCT (Total Coated Thickness) is the steel thickness including the paint cover while BMT (Base Metal Thickness) is the steel thickness excluding the paint cover.
- Is the roof of the building trafficable i.e. 0.47 roof and correct purlin spacing?
- Are frames made from Hi-Tensile galvanized steel?
- Are the frame connections bolted with substantial connector plates?
- Are wall and roof screws Class 3 and Corrosion protected?
- Is all steel supplied from Australian BlueScope Steel having the BlueScope Steel warranty and offering the full colorbond® colours.
- Are hold down bolts included?
- Is P.A. door supplied with proper jambs and entrance lockset?
- Are Flashings for Windows and Roller Doors included?
- Are gutters fitted with appropriate gutter brackets?
- Is the deposit payable less than 20%?
- Will you receive a set of engineers drawings with certificate upon signing agreement?
- Is your supplier a licensed QBSA builder so they can supply, prepare the concrete slab and erect your garage without you having to chase up contractors or insurance etc?
QBCC Act Licence No: 78274 – Click here for more information on the benefits of using a licenced builder.